Several years ago, I had the esteemed privilege to set under the teaching of Bishop Noel Jones for a length of time. He taught me many profound lessons. One of many quote’s that is ingrained in my mind is when he said, “I’m not nice to you because you’re paying me to be nice (or, because I want something from you); I’m nice to you because I’m a nice person, because I had an experience with God!!!” Those words perfectly explain the sentiment of my heart time and time again.
It is truly heartbreaking that pain ruins so deep, that many people have been so broken and bruised, so used and abused (refusing to truly believe God) that most oftentimes, few have the capacity to discern the selfless and honest virtue of love or kindness.
Frequently, the expression of doubt, curiosity, suspicion and even shock is exposed when I seek to reciprocate the love, grace or kindness to someone that Jesus has been so merciful to show to me. Some wives think you want their husband, some people think you want their approval, people think you want their position, people think you’re trying to uncover private information, people think you want their endorsement… At times, it can be slightly amusing but, more often then not, it is simply heartbreaking, exposing the deeply rooted trauma that one has yet to conquer.
May the LORD heal the secret brokenness and torment that dwells deeply in the heart, mind and soul of His children. In Jesus name I pray.
Remember, God loves you! Trust Him!
A few things:
- If you’ve never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you can today!
- Find my NEW books, “Blessed Is” and “Examine First, Yourself” at www.sentbyjesus.bigcartel.com or on Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
- Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
- If you’re not part of a local church, it is extremely important that you seek God in leading you to an anointed place of worship. One of the enemy’s greatest and most powerful weapons is to have you separated from the assembly.
- If you live in Lancaster, CA I would like to invite you to join me for prayer on Tuesday evenings at Lancaster City Library or Friday’s at 12pm at Total Deliverance Church in Lancaster!