In describing the day of the LORD’s judgment upon Israel, prophet Joel exhorts a powerful call to repentance:
“Consecrate a fast, call a scared assembly; Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, And cry out to the LORD” (Joel 1:14).
In Chapter 2:1-11, Joel explicates the coming destruction: darkness, gloominess, fire, desolate, wilderness, and running. He concludes this prophecy by saying, “For the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; Who can endure it?”
Understanding that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever; we can expect a similar, if not identical event. The day of the LORD will not only be meet with victory, but also accountability and judgment.
Continuing, the LORD, who is rich in mercy says, “Now, therefore, Turn to Me with all your heart. With fasting, with weeping, and mourning” (Joel 2:12).
Anytime judgment occurs, provision preceded.
In Romans 5:20, Apostle Paul said, “where sin abounded, grace did much more abound…”
In these last day’s, the Master is calling His people to a deeper depth of repentance through worship, through prayer, through fasting and through obedience. There, we will find forgiveness, there we will renew our salvation and there we will meet the great I AM
“If you always remember that whatever you’re doing in the soul or in the body, God stands by as inspector, you will never err (do wrong) in all your prayers and in all your acts, but you will have God dwelling with you.”
Dear Heavenly Father, O Jesus turn Your people back to You. Spare Your people, O LORD that the unbelievers should not say, “Where is your God?” In Jesus name.
“Everyone has a divine purpose; my hope is through the Power of God, you walk boldly in yours!” ~ With Love, Minister Angela
Remember, God loves you! Trust Him!
A few things:
- If you’ve never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you can today!
- Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
- If you’re not part of a local church, it is extremely important that you seek God in leading you to an anointed place of worship. One of the enemy’s greatest and most powerful weapons is to have you separated from the assembly.
- Find my devotional book, “Sent by Jesus: The Father sent Jesus, and Jesus sent you,” on Amazon as well as evangelistic appeal, gifts and more at www.sentbyjesus.bigcartel.com
- Join us, Sent by Jesus Ministries, Tuesday evening’s at Lancaster City Library for corporate prayer (resuming in February, 2017).