“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).
In mediation, the Spirit of the LORD brought to my remembrance Revelation 12:11, “And they overcame Satan by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony…”
Suddenly, the word “their” shock my spirit to it’s core!!! Then, the Master beginning speaking. He said, “Tell My people, stop trying to overcome Satan with someone else’s testimony!”
My heart dropped! I have used this scripture countless times and never, EVER observed the word “their.” I automatically believed that the word “their” meant “them.” Meaning, someone else’s testimony can help save me, and my testimony can help save them. However, Jesus said in this particular verse when the word “their” is presented, the context is: themselves. He confirmed this by reminding me of Acts 4:12 which reads, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
God reminded me that if any other flesh is connected to our saving grace experience, it is not true salvation. And, as a result will not bring true deliverance – salvation is through Jesus and Him alone!
This is why we can share our testimony at church and someone with the exact same issue can still leave defeated and in bondage. This is why we can write best-selling, earth shattering or demonic breaking anointed laced books, and the person who just read it is falling apart at the altar, hopeless! I will go deeper: this is why I can see someone conquering all of the many trials I’m struggling to overcome, and yet, their testimony doesn’t strengthen me…
Dear Spirit of the Living God, strengthen our minds, and clear our thoughts that we may look only towards You, the only One who has the ability to make our path’s straight! In Jesus name, we pray.
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
“Everyone has a divine purpose; my hope is through the Power of God, you walk boldly in yours!” ~ With Love, Minister Angela
Remember, God loves you! Trust Him!
A few things:
- If you’ve never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you can today!
- Find my NEW books, “Blessed Is” and “Examine First, Yourself” at www.sentbyjesus.bigcartel.com, Amazon or at Barnes and Noble!
- Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
- If you’re not part of a local church, it is extremely important that you seek God in leading you to an anointed place of worship. One of the enemy’s greatest and most powerful weapons is to have you separated from the assembly.
- Join us for prayer, every other Tuesday evening from 7:00-7:45 pm at Lancaster City Library.